Cannot write/read from network drive from RStudio Server

Hi,

I keep getting the error "Permission denied" everytime I try to access data stored the network attached folder on my CentOS server.

I'll explain my situation:

Our IT department enabled us a NAF, let's call it 'our_repository'. This folder is mounted under '/home/repository' on the CentOS server (the one we want to use as ) using mount.cifs

I can see teh contents via the 'Files' tab in RStudio but when I try to delete/create a file/folder a window pops up saying "Error: Permission denied". I've tried setting chmod 777 an the folder and rstudio-server user has sudo privileges.

Help please, I can't find anything online that suggests what is causing this problem...

Side note number 1: my colleague sent the following error from the R console when trying to open a file from the mount:
Error in gzfile(file, mode) : cannot open the connection In addition: Warning message: In gzfile(file, mode) : cannot open compressed file 'hello_world.RDS', probable reason 'Permission denied'

Side note number 2: I can access and edit files in the repository from the command line of the OS.

Side note number 3: network folder is shared through company username permissions, which they are not the same as the server/rstudio usernames.

Thanks for the help!!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.