Cannot access rstudio server after installation

I am setting up a linux server running ubuntu and I want it to run rstudio server. In a previous server that I set up after install r-base and rstudio server I could open a webpage and go the the servers IP:8787 and I could use rstudio. Now for some reason the when I attempt to do this the internet page errors and says it cannot connect to the server.

I don't have a lot of experience with this type of programming and have no idea how to fix the problem. After several google searches I have made sure my firewall will allow the connection (ufw allow 22 and ufw allow 8787) but this does not help.

R works on the command line and when I plug the server into a monitor I can access rstudio locally, but not remotely.

Please help!

Have you ensured that your port is forwarded via your home router?

The standard RStudio port is 8787, and you'll need to make sure your home router is set up to allow incoming access to your server {internal.ip:8787}. It is usually labeled under Port Forwarding in most routers.

Also, be sure that your server allows incoming connections. This would be done via the firewall (ufw). It sounds like it's set up fine, since you can access the server internally. But it's worth making sure!

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.