blogdown::build_site() error copying static files

I've been using blogdown to build this site since last May. I currently update it every two weeks when new data is available. I haven't changed anything since the last build, but today I got the following error:

blogdown::build_site(local = TRUE, build_rmd = TRUE)
[files successfully knitted]
Start building sites … 
Total in 46505 ms
Error: Error copying static files: chtimes [path]/stanford-datalab/covid-19-ca/public/: value too large to be stored in data type

All of my packages are up-to-date. I'm using blogdown version 1.1. Could you please tell me what I need to do to get things working properly again.

This looks like a Hugo issue. Is this a new post ? Did you change your Hugo version ?

This look a bit like https://stackoverflow.com/questions/64069079/blogdownserve-site-error-copying-static-files so maybe you can try the workaround there

blogdown::hugo_build(args = "--noTimes")

and see if it works.

I don't think this is related to blogdown - it seems more something with Hugo and your website content. Maybe see in Hugo community if there is a similar issue ?

Christophe,

You were right. Your suggestion fixed the problem.

I didn't change any R packages or hugo, but I did upgrade macOS. Then, even the latest R packages and hugo had the same problem. Thanks for providing the link to the StackOverflow post. Since I'm not calling hugo directly, but rather through blogdown::build_site(), the actual fix I used was

options(blogdown.hugo.args = "--noTimes")

I really appreciate you help in diagnosing the problem and finding a fix.

1 Like

Your welcome. I don't know what happens then. Could be an issue in hugo itself.

If your question's been answered (even by you!), would you mind choosing a solution? It helps other people see which questions still need help, or find solutions if they have similar problems. Here’s how to do it:

Done. Thanks for pointing out how to indicate a solution. I'll do this in the future.

Thanks again for you help in resolving this issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.