Bar Chart Labels (ggplot2 - Novice)

Hi

This is my first time using R studio, so please bear with me.

The number above the shaded stack is correct but I want to change the number on the exposed stack to 277. How do I do this?

Also, how do I change the individual colour of the individual bars, ie one pink and one purple?

Thanks
Tom

Hi!

To help us help you, could you please prepare a reproducible example (reprex) illustrating your issue? Please have a look at this guide, to see how to create one:

Can you please help me?

We don't have access to your local files, we need sample data on a copy/paste friendly format, please read the guide on the link I gave you and try to make a proper reproducible example.

exposure seedling.count
1 Shaded 76
2 Exposed 277

We can't copy from a screenshot and since you are asking people to invest their time helping you, the polite thing to do (here and in most programming related forums) is to provide a reproducible example to make helping you easier.

well im struggling to do that because im not good with computers, thats why im here

Even a try would be better than just posting a screenshot. I'm going to make the extra effort this time, since this is your first time here but have in mind that if you keep asking questions here, you are going to have to learn how to properly ask for help with a reprex at some point.

library(ggplot2)

# Sample data on a copy/paste friendly format
my_data <- data.frame(
  stringsAsFactors = FALSE,
          exposure = c("Shaded", "Exposed"),
    seedling.count = c(76, 277)
)

ggplot(my_data, aes(exposure, seedling.count, fill = exposure)) +
    geom_col(width = 0.5) +
    geom_text(aes(label = seedling.count),
              position=position_dodge(width=0.9),
              vjust=-0.25) +
    labs(x = "Exposure",
         y = "Seedling Count avg.",
         fill = "Exposure") +
    scale_fill_manual(values = c("pink", "purple")) +
    theme(axis.title.y = element_text(margin = margin(t = 0, r = 10, b = 0, l = 0)))

Created on 2020-04-19 by the reprex package (v0.3.0.9001)

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.