Again, Rstudio erases script content after saving

Hello.
Something is going with Rstudio Version: 2024.04.1+748 after saving files. I am running Rstudio in a Windows 10 22H2. It starts happening after the update. I am working on a script, I save my file, and suddenly the information within is gone. This issue happens with a certain frequency. If you look for this issue at the Posit Community you will find several related or equal problems after updating.
Can I recover my info? Is there anything I can do to avoid this critical problem for Windows users?

Hi Erandi,

You could save the contents in a text file by using select-all (Ctrl-A), and then copying and pasting into a Notepad window.

Other folks could advise you better on whether and how you could recover the script, but if the issue is reproducible, it might help if you could post screenshots that document you walking through the process. Can you reproduce it?

2 Likes

Hello. Thank you for your answer. No, I cannot reproduce it, since the information within the script vanished after closing Rstudio. I previously saved changes in Rstudio hitting the "Save" button on the top of the script window. I reopened my file, it was blank, curiously, the file exits but the info within doesn't. I purchased a commercial recovery program and could not recover all the info, but it recovered a few lines. It never happened before, but for productivity's sake, I de-installed Rstudio and worked on RGui for a while.
Some useful information:
R version: 4.3.3(2024-02-29 ucrt)
RStudio version: 2024.04.2+764
Some libraries installed at that moment (I haven't updated packages yet ):
[1] conflicted_1.2.0 here_1.0.1 ggfortify_0.4.17 ggforce_0.4.2
[5] naniar_1.1.0 ggpubr_0.6.0 lubridate_1.9.3 forcats_1.0.0
[9] stringr_1.5.1 dplyr_1.1.4 purrr_1.0.2 readr_2.1.5
[13] tidyr_1.3.1 tibble_3.2.1 ggplot2_3.5.1 tidyverse_2.0.0
[17] rstatix_0.7.2
Again, thank you for your answer.

I meant reproducing the issue; in other words, can you go through similar steps with a test file and make its contents disappear, too.