Rstudio desktop and R4.4.1 Windows 2019 parrallel akecluster ciommand fails

Hi,

I am stumped .. latest version of Rstudio desktop on windows 2019 and R4.4.1 and makeCluster command fails when trying from RStudio desktop or R4.4.1 terminal. But the command works on R3 terminal, but unfortunately R3 does not have the packages we need. I have rebooted the server, tried work arounds suggested in r - makeCluster hangs on Windows - parallel package - Stack Overflow and here parallel::makeCluster() freezes RStudio on macOS with R 4.x · Issue #6692 · rstudio/rstudio · GitHub, without any success. I installed R4.4.1 on a desktop and it worked. I am stumped ...would appreciate any help ...has anyone found a solution for this?

when i try to debug with:

cluster <- makeCluster(2, type = 'PSOCK', manual = TRUE, outfile = "E:\\logs\\psock_win_clust_debug.log")

i get the manual command:
Manually start worker on localhost with
     "C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-44~1.1/bin/x64/Rscript" --default-packages=datasets,utils,grDevices,graphics,stats,methods -e "tryCatch(parallel:::.workRSOCK,error=function(e)parallel:::.slaveRSOCK)()" MASTER=localhost PORT=11672 OUT="E:\panton\logs\psock_win_clust_debug.log" SETUPTIMEOUT=120 TIMEOUT=2592000 XDR=TRUE SETUPSTRATEGY=sequential

but when executed it displays the error:
Error: '\P' is an unrecognized escape in character string (<input>:24:33)
Execution halted

In R4.4.1 terminal I get error
> library(parallel)
> cl <- makeCluster(2, type = 'PSOCK')
Error in makePSOCKcluster (names = spec, ...) :
   Cluster setup failed. 2 of 2 workers failed to connect.