Cant see volumes in RStudio object pane on Rstudio enabled Databricks Cluster

At the time of testing, I was able to browse my objects in UC, with the exception of volumes. It's quite tricky to evidence but it's more what's absent rather than what's present.

The below is a screenshot of the UI I took at the time. This is showing my catalog (broche24) with a schema (default) and an absence of volumes or tables. As you can see in information_schema, there is a table called "catalog_privileges". I were to create tables under 'default', they would be visible. However, what's not displayed here are the volumes I have already created under default. It seems like the UI isn't able to display volumes for some reason.
At the time of testing, I was able to browse my objects in UC, with the exception of volumes. It's quite tricky to evidence but it's more what's absent rather than what's present.

The below is a screenshot of the UI I took at the time. This is showing my catalog (broche24) with a schema (default) and an absence of volumes or tables. As you can see in information_schema, there is a table called "catalog_privileges". I were to create tables under 'default', they would be visible. However, what's not displayed here are the volumes I have already created under default. It seems like the UI isn't able to display volumes for some reason.

Hi @sarahb ! Welcome to the community!

You are correct, at this time odbc, and sparklyr, support tables only, not volumes.

Please feel free to open and Issue in the packages respective GitHub repositories to request this enhancement. This will inform us about the interest in this feature.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.